Heading into his senior season at Washington, Jake Browning very well may have thrown more touchdown passes than anyone else in the history of amateur football.
His 229 touchdown tosses at Folsom High in California are the most in American high school football history. His 78 through three seasons of college ball means he can set the Pac-12 career record if he can hit the same numbers he had his sophomore season.
And yet, he’s not on many Top 5 lists for the 2018 Heisman Trophy.
He is, however, getting lots of love from a college football media landscape excited to see what he can do in his swansong.
Here’s a nice aggregate of what I’ve found out there on #3:
- Jake’s hell-bent on turning doubt into fuel (Seattle Times)
- Here’s 3,000 words on his quest to “fight the boredom.” (The Athletic)
- What on earth could Jake Browning and Zoolander possibly have in common? (SB Nation)
- Adam Jude wrote about Jake being “on a mission” this past spring (Seattle Times)
- 2018 Jake Browning will be the best Jake Browning (Tacoma News Tribune)
- The Folsom Telegraph highlights its hometown hero