Happy August, everyone!
Today marks the first day of the month. Camp opens on Friday, the day after Chris Petersen meets the local media for this first time this fall. Here’s what the media is batting around on Montlake today:
- How do you replace a legend? Tony Castricone tries to do just that when he takes the mic for the first UW football game since Bob Rondeau’s retirement. (The Athletic)
- The Huskies are a Top 5 team, according to ESPN’s preseason power rankings. Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State and Georgia sit in spots one through four. (ESPN.com)
- Adam Jude gives you 10 reasons to believe that this year could be special. (Seattle Times)
- If you’re looking for a half hour of Husky football talk to kick off your August, the guys over at Dawgman.com have got you covered. (247sports)
- On the basketball front, Jon Rothstein talks Pac-12 hoops on his podcast, including a conversation with Husky head coach Mike Hopkins (Compass)
- Speaking of hoops, Ken Pomeroy tells you why, by far, the best offense is a good ability to draw a foul in the act of shooting a three. (The Athletic)